What You Need To Know
When hiring an NRVIA Certified RV Inspector
Checklist of items you should know as a consumer when hiring an NRVIA Certified RV Inspector:
- Make sure you get a contract
- Know what the report will cover
- ask for a sample report
- Know what is being inspected
- ask for points of inspection
- Visit https://nrvia.org/about/standards-of-practice
- Be sure the seller knows that you want a third-party independent certified RV inspector
Please note: If you hire an NRVIA certified RV inspector and do not see an email in your inbox, check your junk or spam folder for emails. Sometimes these are filtered because it is a new sender, and the NRVIA does not want you to miss out on someone trying to reach you.
Things to know:
- When you do receive a phone call or email from an NRVIA certified RV Inspector, be sure to ask them for their Points of Inspection list in addition to the pricing and availability information.
- Often, these inspectors will charge you a mileage fee if they have to go out of their normal route to accommodate your request.
- You should interview your inspector or anyone you hire to perform a service for you. Ask them about their education, their certifications, etc. If you want to verify an NRVIA certified RV inspector, please reach out to the NRVIA by email: [email protected] or phone (855) 472-9948.
- To learn more about taking care of your RV, follow our sister company, the National RV Training Academy (NRVTA) https://nrvta.com, or go to Facebook and search “Todd’s Tuesday Tech Tips” for weekly maintenance training videos! https://www.facebook.com/NationalRVTrainingAcademy
If you run into any problems, please contact the NRVIA by phone: (855) 472-9948 or email: [email protected].
Please note: Search for an RV Inspector in your area using our Inspector Locator Map!
If you cannot find anyone near you, please email [email protected] to have your contact information and details sent out to our inspectors. Please provide your name, email, phone, and unit details (year, make, model) along with the city and state where the unit is located. Requests are sent out every other day.