As an NRVIA Associate Member and the NRVIA Preferred Vendor for Inspection Software, HomeGauge is your GO TO vendor for top notch inspection software. HomeGauge offers current NRVIA members a discount* on their inspection software subscription, see below for more details. HomeGauge is much more than just a report program, it also contains many front-end and back-end support features to help you collect payments, signed contracts and reviews from your clients. Setting up an email follow-up program is super easy and your clients can even create a list of repairs to send over to the seller! For a full list of features, check out https://www.homegauge.com/inspector/services/index.html. Be sure to use our trial download below!
HomeGauge helps you create professional RV inspection reports which are delivered electronically or can be shared in print. The NRVIA branded HomeGauge install has templates that you can use for your RV inspections (see more below on how to install them). With a full support team, HomeGauge can be available to assist you daily with any install problems, technical issues or just help in learning the program!
Some features that set HomeGauge apart from other reporting programs include:
- Print/Format: At any time in the report writing process you can generate the report using one of many different formats and styles. You can choose a Grid, Checklist, or Narrative format with several different variations and color choices, add icons at sections, and more. You can choose a special cover page or create your own. You can include just the sections of the report you want, and remove anything you don’t need.
- Customizable reporting your way! With HomeGauge you can make templates yourself or edit an existing one to create/modify the report to fit your style. Easily add new sections, items, rename, etc.
- Pictures, Thermal Imaging and Line Drawings: HomeGauge automatically compresses pictures for the web. Add arrows, circles, text, grids, etc. to pictures easily. By far the quickest and easiest in picture editing and multiple picture features.
- Use Video in your report! Easily add video clips at any item in the report! Watch our video tour to see how to make your report standout as an Inspection Presentation!
- 360° images make it an immersive experience! Set yourself apart by offering clients and agents a tour that no other provider can deliver. One quick snapshot lets your clients explore 360° panoramic views right within the report. It’s the next best thing to being there in person. See a sample.
- Attach Documents, PDFs, MS Docs, and html docs to any report: Easily attach any type of document to a report and set it to automatically attach in the future if it is a regularly attached document. You can attach as many documents as you need..
- Upload Report in a web-style format: Authenticate and manage report delivery; clients enjoy the enhanced aspects of this format with video, expanding pictures and 360 photos and simple navigation.
- Auto-Attach Line Drawings and documents to an auto-comment. Set up an auto-comment to automatically include a line drawing or a document when used. This works well to show a diagram and specs of a proper component’s condition compared alongside a picture of the home’s component, or to include information about a particular brand or component regarding a hazard or potential hazard.
- Auto-include comments in the report at start up. Have comments automatically load in your report (great for limitation clauses, check the smoke detector and filter recommendations etc.)
- Merge Reports from multiple inspectors into one report: This can be done on different devices such as a mobile phone or Windows computer.
- Report Auto Fill: Save time by saving sections of a report (or all sections of a report) that can be applied to future inspections. For example, subdivisions where the exterior is identical or start off with a completed report selecting various report fills based on the type of home and its materials.
- Auto-Comments and Smart Sentences: Add or edit auto-comments on the fly. Use standard drop down comments or use smart words that represent multiple replacement text choices for speedy reporting.
- Re-Inspection feature: This feature makes re-inspections profitable again. Now you can automatically create a copy of the original report, hide all items but summary items and Pass or Fail the item using your own auto-comment time stamp.
- Duplicate Sections of the report: Use this feature while you inspect to duplicate rooms, bathrooms, heat systems, units, or suites.
- Quick Click Sections: Finish fast when checking off all the good or inspected items with a quick double click!
- Inspector Tips at each item: You can store your own tips at each inspection item for clearances, code/safety related info, etc. that is just for you to see, or use it to train a new inspector.
- Sketch Tool: Use the sketch tool for drawing simple sketches or diagrams. Click on the insert picture box at any item to access the sketch tool.
- Auto-populate Agreements and Contracts: Use the Office > Edit Report Docs feature to drop in your contract and set it up to pull in info directly from your report.
- Rapid Fire Picture Review: This feature brings your pictures up in rapid succession to embellish with arrows, text, etc.
- Automatic picture placement using HG Companion and an Android or iOS phone or tablet: You can go to the item in the report and take a picture and it will automatically be placed at that item, saving tens of minutes on the report writing time!
- Using HG Companion with an Android or iOS Device for mobility! Watch this video on using the HG Companion and see how easy and fast it is to do an inspection report!
- HG Cloud: See how using the HG Cloud feature is easy to move reports and templates from one pc to another or from Android to PC and your template and settings too!
$69/mo – Full version of HomeGauge (includes templates for home inspectors and RV inspectors)
$59/mo – *NRVIA version of HomeGauge (RV inspector templates only)
HOW TO DOWNLOAD
- First, you need to visit HomeGauge’s website to sign up for a username and password.
- Click here to download the NRVIA Version of HomeGauge. If you are a home inspector and need access to the RV inspection templates, please call HomeGauge Support for assistance – (828) 254-2030
- Visit HomeGauge’s Support page for tutorials on how to install the software, how to get started, etc.
The RV Inspection templates automatically come with the above install. However, if you need to update your templates to match the current versions below, please use the files below. If you need assistance with how to add them to your current software, please contact the support team at HomeGauge, (828) 254-2030.
The above RV Inspection templates match the two scope sheets found on the NRVIA Inspector Resources page.
Other templates include the Inspection Contract Agreement, Fluid Analysis Contract Agreement, Points of Inspection lists for both Motorhome and Towables, Fluid Data Sheet, and a Sales Invoice. You can download all of these by clicking on this link. The file is a .zip file and will require you unzipping the file to a location on your computer.
One of our members was gracious enough to put together some support material to help guide you through the installation process, etc. Feel free to use these support pieces to help your transition into HomeGauge.